As I watch him try to include superheros into his sisters games of playing house; I think maybe, just maybe...
As I watch him cry for his daddy when he is away because he is tired of being "the only boy," I think maybe, just maybe...
As I observe the girls put up signs of "No boys allowed" onto their bedroom door with the sole purpose of keeping the only person out that fits that rule, I think maybe, just maybe...
As I hear him cry out desperate for a change in movies and sick of high school musical; I think maybe, just maybe...
As I watch his excitement to go fishing with dad and knowing it isn't so much the fish as it is being away from the estrogen filled house and with his fellow testosterone holding buddy; I think maybe, just maybe...
As I lay down feeling a sickness I haven't felt since I held my baby boy safely in my womb; I think maybe, just maybe...
As my only boy looks down at my belly and silently whispers, "Can we please have a baby brother?" I think maybe, just maybe...
Maybe, just maybe I am holding another sweet baby that will be gently wrapped in blue...
Maybe, just maybe I can give Carson the greatest gift any boy can receive...
However, maybe just maybe there will be another sweet girl to encircle Carson completely and entirely wrap him in arms of love and affection that only 4 sisters can bestow...
Only time will tell,...31 weeks and counting.
(Yes, this is a boy, and yes, he is wearing a dress that his sisters thought would be really funny to dress him up in. But you can see from the look on his face that it was a rather torturous event, and taking the picture wasn't helpful)



23 comments:
Congratulations! What a heaven-send another boy would be. We were hoping for another boy when we were expecting Cami and Caleb broke down in tears at the 'big ultrasound' - my heart just broke for him. Someday maybe we'll have to adopt a little boy :)
CONGRATS! Amazing! there are no words that can convey and express enough emotion that is the long hug and look into a friends eyes that says there is a baby growing inside you and we cant wait! We hope as you that "Maybe just maybe" carsons wish comes true. That said what ever comes will bless your lives further. You will have to imagine the hugs that we want to give and the anticipation we now feel. 31 weeks seems too long!
The photo of carson is reassuringly funny. I am glad he is uncomfortable in those clothes but he did make me laugh.
This is Dan btw.
Love you guys, keep that baby safe Lins.
Wonderful news - Dan's said it all for me too! We can't wait for you! x x
Oh that message was from me...Debs x
congratulations!!! that's awesome news. I was so glad when we found out our last was a boy so caleb would have a brother, and I hope you'll get another boy, too. (though, of course, a girl would be wonderful). I wish you lots of luck and patience through the next few weeks (months?) of sickness and exhaustion! hope it's not too bad for you.
GOOD LUCK on whatever little one comes out girl. Your my hero.
Congratulations to you guys! Whatever it is, it will be darling! All of your kids are amazing!
Oh, wow! Congratulations!
Congratulations! I hope it will be a boy for Carson! Anna is already feeling it- being the only girl with 3 brothers- she keeps talking about having a sister in the future! You must be due around Christmas then? that will be a great present for Carson if it's a boy! Hope you don't suffer from too much sickness x
Wooohoooo! That's wonderful news Linds! What a sweet post - and what a hilarious picture! That little guy is like the bechmark of what a little guy should be for all the other little guys he meets! I hope you are feeling fantastic - and roll on baby time!
Michelle and Mike
Congratulations I am so exceited for you all, you are the best mum ever!!!! your kids should be so proud to have a mum like you!! As I read your blog I was smiling thinking is she pregnant!! Girl or boy it will be loved more than the world!! Keep us posted on developments
Julia James Tom Oliver - Griffydam
So happy for you, dear friends! What blessed children you have to come to such a wonderful home.
We just had our 4th on Sunday. Still adjusting but absolutely SO HAPPY he's here.
Love to you all!
Are you crazy!!!!! No really... I am so excited for you. I was driving along the other day thinking I am sure Lindsay is going to tell us she's pregnant soon! I am so excited. That really is great news. You are amazing and here is another little baby, coming to enjoy the best mum ever! Can't wait to see you and give you that hug Dan was talking about! How are you feeling?!?!
Hurray for you guys! Here's hoping for 31 GOOD weeks, and "maybe" even another boy. :)
Congratulations! Hope everything goes smoothly and that you enjoy this precious time in your lives.
congratulations!! You are an amazing mom. I hope you have a great pregnancy!!
Congrats! That is fantastic! Boys are fun but girls are too. Hoping for a boy for carson but if not you will keep trying, right? ;)
Hope you feel better soon. I was much more sick with the boys than sibley.
I hope Carson gets his boy...but...like you.....know that life will be great with a girl too!
I hope this sick period goes smoothly for you and you can enjoy the next part fully!
Wow what an amazing suprise to hold onto for so long. 31 weeks!!! YOu are almost finished. How exciting to wait to know. Can't wait to hear about this new little person in the Scott family.
Sorry Lins, reread the post and realized that you are in the beginning with morning sickness and fatigue. Sorry I got it mixed up and so sorry that you are in the middle of the tuff stuff. Hope you are hanging in there and getting rest when you can. Excited to hear the progress.
wow, i had no idea! congrats!
wow- that's great!!! Congratulations!!!
Congratulations, when are you due? Hope you are feeling ok and not suffering too much with sickness X
Post a Comment