Dear John Deere,
Thank you. Thank you for your existence. For without you we never would have found a way to trim down our snake haven, tick infested grass. As our grass has now reached to a whopping 3 feet high, I was left devastated wondering if my children would ever be able to play in the grass that surrounds us without fear that one day they might drowned in it, or be bitten by a snake or leached on by a tick.
But one day, one glorious day as Harvey was driving he spotted your magnificent workmanship. There you were laying on your previous owners property waiting for a chance to shine once again.
And you have my dear friend. You have shown brilliantly, for only a John Deere such as yourself could chop away grass such as this. As you arrived anxiously to our home your hopes of success may have dwindle once you saw the task that lay before you. For not only was the height daunting but there was a hefty distance of 3.5 acres.
But don't you worry my little engine that could. We will be patient if you will continue to work your magic across our ocean of green. Plug on, move forward, I think you can, I think you can!
Sincerely,
The family that can't wait to play outdoors once again.
(Just to show you how high it is, here is a pic of our trampoline that is nearly being taken over by the grass. And no, this tramp is not in the ground, it is very much above ground. A full grown deer was in this grass this morning and you could only see his ears, and he was standing up!)



6 comments:
That looks great- we would love to have one (of course, we would also love to have the land that requires the use of one of them!)
Go Harvey! You are now one of those posh families that have a ride on lawn mower that makes us little people with self propelled lawn mowers look... well... hot and sweaty!!! Congrats on aquiring the John Deere and good luck Harvey! You need to get Savannah trained here pretty quickly to use it. Hope you all got to play outside again by the end of today!!!!
And I thought our grass was long last week!! Wow! What a wonderful amount of ground you have!! I did wonder if you'd be purchasing a sit down mower!! I've always fancied driving one of them! x x
It is a requirement to love and honor John Deere out where I live.
Your little engine looks great....have to load up the MP3 and the gas cause I think it will take 5 hours or more to mow that lawn.
I love that Harvey has "that look like your Dad" while he is cutting grass...and that he keeps his style with leather loafers.
Welcome back to the great outdoors!
Wow all that grass, well at least you will be able to keep on top of it now with good old 'Joh Deere'.
You might want to check out my latest post about the ward dance on Saturday night, you might recognise a few faces but then maybe not X
HAhaha! I loved your post Linds. I remember jumping on that trampoline with Mike at Thanksgiving - if it's the same one. woah, as a hippy I know once said - you got graaassss maaaannnn!
M&M x
Post a Comment