I think the hardest thing about moving around so much is the friends you have to leave behind. We always leave wondering if we will ever see them again. This last move was especially painful for this time the pain of leaving friendships behind was experienced by our children. Savannah and Madison have missed their little Griffydam Primary School friends and our sweet neighbors too. Often while in the car I will turn my head to catch Madison looking out the window and daydreaming. When I ask her what she is thinking about she answers, "All my England friends." At times I will find them crying or we will be talking and they will erupt in tears of remembrance for the good ole' days!
But having said all that, one of the best things about leaving is reuniting. We get to experience the joy of reuniting with friends from long ago. Nothing in the world feels better than to see a familiar face from your past. Although our English history isn't so, well, historical, we just recently got to enjoy the reunion of some of our old English chums. Chris and Rachael and their beautiful family just moved to North Carolina from England as well. They were in our Church over in England and that is where we became great friends. One of Madison's best friends from England is Phoebe and it was so fun to see how excited they were to see each other. It was so good for both Rachael and I to reassure our children that goodbye is never for too long.
Sunday, May 03, 2009
Bittersweet
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 2:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
We had so much fun. It was so great to see you. We are so excited that you don't live too far away. We love you all. Thanks for a great day! Come back and visit us soon!
Its so lovely to see all your kids so happy to be together again!! we miss you all Scotts and Englands x x
Good to hear things are going well for the family. Just one little friend can make a world of difference.
It's so nice that you live not far from the England’s especially when you consider just how big America is! On of these days (probably when we live in the states) we would love to visit the church history sites and come and visit you guys, if you will have us :-)
I spent most of April in the states (Steve and Beth 18 days) and just didn't have time to see many friends at all. As I posted comments on Facebook we had several requests to meet up with friends, but it just didn't happen too busy as you can see from my last epilogue sorry post.
Hope you are all well, miss you all X
We miss you- we will come and visit at some point in the future!
YOu can still find me looking out a window thinking about friends I miss. Its hard. Darbs and B cried a lot the first 8 months being back but they dont now! I can see them forgetting friends, not worrying so much any more and that makes me sad too!!!!!!
Post a Comment