I just had to write this down really quick. Just about 10 minutes ago, Savannah came downstairs crying. I asked her what was wrong and she quickly blurted out in a huge sob, "I don't want you to get old!" Thinking she was just having one of those tough times trying to get to sleep because your mind is in a frantic shift of thoughts and this time it happened to land on the fact that one day mommy will be really old. So I took her in my arms and calmed her down and helped her face the reality of life and its many cycles. I pointed out that mommy is younger than most of her friends moms, that I am only 31 and that is nothing compared to her Grandparents! As soon as I thought I had things under control, she again blubbers out, "But I am starting to see grey hairs all over your head mom! That means you are getting older!"
Yep, that is what she said. What could I say? I guess I am getting older! Although I did hurry and point out that her daddy started going grey at 24! The ageing process isn't always dependant on how many grey hairs you have on your head!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Am I really that old?
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 2:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Oh, Linds, that is hilarious! You are such a cute young mom, that cracks me up that she would think that you are getting old. Next thing you know she'll be thinking that you aren't cool, either. Well, I can vouch for you so if the day comes that she thinks you aren't cool, you can tell her to call me, but then again, I'm old and uncool too, so what do I know?!
LOL, just this morning I was noticing all of my own gray hairs. My siblings are the ones to comment on it the most though -- "Wooooah Carolyn! You have gray hair!!!"
Glad I'm not the only one.
Oh Sav! So cute! Tell her it's your silver lining then she will want silver hair too!
Oh that's cute! Kids keep it real don't they! Mine keep pointing out my huge belly! I am sure there will be comments after the baby's born about why it hasn't gone immediately flat again! Just to hammer the point home to me I guess!
Kids can be a bit forthright in their opinion sometimes. I was in a resturant the other day when a little lad was playing under the table next to ours. The lad's father asked if it was fun down there and if the lad thought he could fit down there. The Kid said no and the father asked " Is it because I'm too tall"
The kid replied very loudly
" No it's because your too fat"
right at one of those moments where everything was really quiet. The whole resturant turned to look at this guy who probably wished at that moment he could indeed fit under the table
Very sweet that she loves you so much. Kelli likes to point out my wrinkles.
That is so tender. And so funny! She is such a sweet girl and a great help to you. I love it!
We're finally headed soon to SD as Britt has only three more weeks of school and seminary. Come visit sometime. Virginia isn't that far away? Nah.... ??
Post a Comment