I don't know what is going on. My creative juices are drained! So much is going on over here which would usually result in me having so much to write about. But I am struggling with my entries. Hopefully when all is settled around here and I am back in an established routine I will find where I have misplaced my creativity. But here is a non-creative and bland explanation of what has been going on around here!
- The girls have started school.
- Madison has adjusted brilliantly due to the fact that she adores her teacher. She has made loads of friends and has found popularity through showing off her gymnastic skills at the playground.
- Savannah is slightly struggling due to the fact that her teacher is a bit grouchy and in much need of retirement. She still has yet to connect with any of the girls at school, however, I have a feeling very little effort has been made on her part. Her wounds from this last move are running too deep, poor thing.
- Madison has started gymnastics. When we had her tested to see which class she should go to, they ended up inviting her to attend a "preteam" class which basically means she is in a special class for girls they see "potential" in and eventually they will be on the team which competes all over the State! Go Madison, GO!
- Savannah has started Basketball at the YMCA. She played her first game on Saturday with her Aunt Elaine & soon-to-be Uncle Shawn and our friends the Mannings as her cheering section. She rocked! She has her daddy's hops and as the game went on we finally saw some of that competitive drive that we were hoping was hidden deep in that sweet girls heart. She made a basket and several rebounds and a couple assists!
- We found a house that we like. It sits on 3.5 acres. However, there are horse restrictions and if we can't get them lifted, well then, no house for us!:(
- Carson is trying not to be bored everyday. With Sisters gone at school and all his toys on a boat he finds the days run slower than normal. I think it is time to find a preschool. He has just realized this isn't a vacation and repetitively asks, "When are we going home?"
- Rylie is great. She couldn't care less if we were here or there, so long as we are all together. She is still wearing those red shoes and running around in nothing but a diaper. She is happy and loves that we have a playground outside in the middle of the apartment complex.
- Harvey is still diligently working on our job situation. But finds racquetball is a great way to relieve some of the pent up frustration! Still he hasn't managed to beat his best bud Darrell, but he is certainly trying!
- I have jumped right into the community. It is nice having my friend Natasha to lead the way though. She has been living her for awhile now and has already made all the friends for me! It is nice for the first time we have moved I don't feel lonely. I have joined the YMCA again and have started cycling once more and running regularly. Two things that keep me happy and sane during stressful times.
So that has been our lives the last 3 weeks. We are trying to get right into the swing of things and feel settled as soon as possible. I am more than excited to call Virginia home once again. Although Sav and I have had our crying moments over England; we know that it is just a matter of a few months before we feel at home here just as we did there.



12 comments:
I am happy you guys are slowly getting settled... I can only imagine how long and difficult the process must seem :( Keep us posted, I love even your "non-creative" posts!
Hey...when are you guys going to come visit? We would LOVE to see you so please come...this weekend? Superbowl party on our tiny TV (I don't even know who is playing, I just like Buffalo wings and for some reason every Superbowl party I've ever been to has wings...so I like the Superbowl. Call us. I still have my Ithaca cell phone if you have that number.
OK, so I didn't know Harvey was starting his own business??? Is he not with Rolls Royce anymore? I must have missed something somewhere!
Life sounds busy - it sounds like you know what to do to try to settle in quickly to a new place! Lots of love to you all x x x
Wow- you have been busy. That's great that you are all making an effort to settle in so quickly- we miss you loads. Thomas was asking for Carson the other day, and one of the children started talking about 'baby Rylie'. I had to explain that you had moved- don't think Tom got it! Hope the house situation works out well- I didn't know Harvey was starting a business! It's not Blue tac is it?!!
Glad you guys are settling in OK. I miss you X
Thanks for all the information. I have been wondering about you guys and this fills in a lot of gaps.
Is Harvey consulting? I didn't know he was think of his own business....although it sounds like he has talked of this in the past?....if I remember right.
I am so glad you have your friends with you to ease the transistion and make life fun.
Congrats to Madison and love to Sav!
Yes, I have missed an episode also in the your life about the transition of jobs... own business. Do share. Excited for you all. Hopefully, soon you will be really settled in and sharing the every day life funny experiences. .
thanks for the update, linds. we think about you often! too bad you're not closer, spence is quite the racquetball champ! love to you all!
Glad to hear things are going well! xx
i didn't know harvey was starting his own company!? dang... you guys should've moved to denver, where harv and joe could've hatched one of their brilliant plans. ;)
Whoah! Are you in VA, Land of Lovers?Is Harvey still with RR or did you change companies? CRAZY! I need an update girl!
Post a Comment