When Mom is sick...
The world keeps turning...
Time keeps flying...
Kids still need disciplining...
All the while mom's nose needs wiping.
When Mom is sick...
Babies continue crying...
Kids still need feeding...
Clothes still need washing...
Dishwasher requires emptying...
And Loading...
Although mom would rather be sleeping.
When Mom is sick...
Carson carries on screaming...
The girls continue fighting...
Lunchboxes still need packing...
Carpets need vacuuming...
Diapers still need changing...
But Mom's head is pounding...
And her throat is hurting.
When Mom is sick...
She must keep on serving...
Continue hugging...
Carry on nurturing...
Finding strength in loving...
And wellness in love receiving.
---A big thank you to our large screen TV. I would never have made it through every sore throat, stuffed up nose, headache, or flu without you.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
When Mom is sick...
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 10:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Amen!
Lyns,
are you sick? i am sorry, that can't be easy with a traveling husband. Did ou write that poem? It is so true. i hope you are well soon.
I so know how you feel! I hope you feel better. Life does not pause for sick moms. I've had a few days this winter when Kent has said to me, "why don't you just get in bed?" and i"m thinking--uh, becuase I'm the mother of a 1 yr old and 3 yr old that simply can not take care of themselves...duh. Seriously.
ugh!!! so true. just yesterday i was down with a migrane... thankfully elle was at school and sosh was asleep for most of my "recovery", but tommy was completely on his own - not that he minded. he was thrilled to have free reign over the pantry, fridge and tv for a good 4-5 hour chunk of time.
hope you feel better soon linds....
Wonderful poem. Very true!
I did write it! I was feeling sorry for myself and for carson as he watched his 6th episode of "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and thought, "Man I wish Harvey would take a sick day and help me out!" So I decided to write this poem to help me deal with my sorrows!
Post a Comment