Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mormon Lake

Taking in all the family togetherness we have had lately we felt it only fair to get a little loving from our awesome AZ family. So after some diligent planning on my sister-in-law's part off we went to Mormon Lake Lodges to meet up for a New Year Party!


It was absolutely beautiful. The area is surrounded by Ponderosa Pines and SNOW! It was warm but full of snow!!! You can't often say that! It was a perfect weekend.

I thought this was interesting when I was researching Mormon Lake Lodge, I couldn't find anywhere on the website about where the name or the history of Mormon Lake originated. It was all history on the Lodge and Saloon! So when I checked in I asked the woman at the front desk the history of Mormon Lake. With her head down as if in shame, NO KIDDING, she proceeded to tell me that some Mormon man came here with his family in the late 1800's and started up a cattle ranch. Come on people is Mormonism so foreign, weird and unknown that you can't put the true history on your website nor know some good facts about the family that originated the very place that is providing your income!!! Seriously, if you feel weird about Mormonism please ask me about it or click on the temple button. Loads of info and I promise it will replace your weird feeling with one of acceptance. And now I will proceed to move off my soapbox and let you enjoy some awesome family pictures loaded with fun!











0 comments: