Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Christmas Time!


One day a few weeks ago we were driving to a family christmas party and I heard the song, "I'll be home for Christmas." I can't tell you how many times I have heard this song and wished it were true for me. It has been a long time since I have been home for Christmas. Although we have developed some fun traditions of our own and have deeply enjoyed the Christmas veg that we embark on as we do nothing that day but sit around the house and soak in the Christmas, there is always this longing for me to be home.


But this year I was finally home for Christmas. I felt emotions building up and the gratitude sink in as I realized that Christmas is all about family. Whether it is just being with my own little family of 7 or my large family of 21, that is what it is truly all about. And this year I am grateful to finally be here with my family, extended family, the whole lot!

For Christmas Eve we made up some Gingerbread Houses. I paired them up and left out 3 because as super as I want to be I was not about to make 11 Gingerbread Houses!






Christmas morning was chaos as usual but we spent it in good company with Aunt Angie and Uncle Tony and Papa and Grandma! Having an audience just makes it that much more enjoyable.





0 comments: