Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love

Since I have had my 5th child I have experienced a rollercoaster of emotions. Ranging from being so frustrated I want to physically pull my own hair out to being so tired I can't remember my baby's name when asked by the doctor whom delivered her.



I have felt intense anxiety as I have listened to the baby cry out in pain from her most recently diagnosed protein allergy and I have felt pride as I watch big brother tenderly touch and caress his new sisters fuzzy head.



I have felt overwhelmed when I read that for the 10th day straight school is canceled because of weather conditions and I have felt shock as I look in my rearview mirror and see every seat in my car filled with the offspring that I successfully placed in this world.



All these emotions hit me within seconds and some last for days while others last for only a few short seconds, but tonight I experienced the best emotion of all. The one that only being a mother can produce. This one comes quickly and lasts forever but sometimes becomes buried in the chaos of everyday tasks but resurfaces at times when either you need it most or when you're just paying attention.



As I was doing dishes alongside my husband we both were immersed in conversation, the baby was sound asleep in her bouncy chair, Madison and Sav were clearing the dinner table, while Carson was taking Rylie by the hand to take her upstairs and start her bath...and that's when the emotion hit me...



I love my family. There was no other place I wanted to be then right there doing dishes with Harvey and being in the presense of my fabulous children. Life is good and being a mother is incredible.

4 comments:

Ford Family said...

Thank you for this, it helped me to remember times I have felt like that too. Like you said, sometimes it gets swallowed up amongst other things, but the times when we remember it are wonderful. Xx

Rine Family said...

You are an amazing woman! Your family is very lucky to have you!

Bedford Branch said...

I agree with Rhoda! We are very lucky to have you Lindsay...you amaze me actually...so much talent, so much to give to so many people...thank you sweetheart for being so wonderful. I love you.

Weston and William's Blog said...

I absolutely love reading your blog. You are so positive and I love how creative you are when you write out so many day-to-day activities. Thank you for sharing :)