Dear Emma,
To read your name, to even write your name is done with trepidation. I don't know why some give their names to their children. But I know why I give you mine.
As you first learn of your middle name, as your first write your middle name I can only hope that it is done with pride and happiness. I have been very hesitant to give you my name not because of the pride with which I bear it, but because of the lack thereof. Now that my name is yours I will strive from this point on to make you proud of that verity. I will strive to be the woman I wish you to be. I have come to realize that much is to be said about the name a child is given:
For in Savannah you will find the name Rebecca. A name that she shares with Grandma G. As she holds that name she also holds the characteristics of gentleness, sincerity, and the need to avoid confrontation.
In Madison you will find the name Ellen. A name she shares with Grandma Scott. As she holds that name she also holds the characteristics of strong will and determination.
In Carson you will find the name Harvey. A name he shares alongside Daddy and Grandpa Scott. As he holds that name he holds the characteristics of kindness, dedication to those he loves, a faithful heart and astounding love for others.
In Rylie you will find the name Jane. A name she shares with great Grandma B. As she holds that name she holds the characteristics of spunk, attitude, strong will and indestructible devotion towards her family.
I can't yet say the characteristics you will possess. But Emma I give you my name, you are now just that much more a part of me than you already are. You are my precious Emma.
So far you have made everyone in this family beam with excitement. You have brought out the maternal instincts in your older sisters. You have Carson committed to you in such a way that he will always be there for you, there is no doubt. You have brought out a curiosity in Rylie as she examines your face, fingers and toes.
We love you sweet Emma. We love that you are a part of our family and our lives. We can't wait to share life with you and our love.
Welcome to the Scott family...
Love,
Mom
Here is proof of her birth weight. I never thought I would give birth to a child weighing 6lbs anything! I was shocked when they told me. But she has quickly proven that it doesn't take too much time to pack on the pounds, after gaining 1 pound in 5 days!
Here is my sweet baby girl just minutes after she was born. Look at that sad little tear streaming down her face. Poor thing!
Here is Emma now at 11 days old. She is picture perfect when she is sleeping and as you can see I have another one that looks just like her daddy. She has brought us so much love and has recieved an enormous amount of kisses and hugs from all of us. I am so taken with this little thing that she is rarely seen out of my arms. I even have a hard time sharing her with Savannah!



12 comments:
Congratulations on a beautiful little daughter!
Lindsay,
You are a woman worth emulating. Emma is blessed to bear your name.
What a blessing.
She is so beautiful Lindsay! I'm so happy for your family and excited for you. I'm having a hard time putting my little one down too. Too bad we don't live close to each other. It would be fun to share stories and be googly eyed over our little princesses together.
Congratulations!
Lindsay, I think it is awesome that she has your middle name. We have thought hard about middle names too - it's true to say for us that we want them to mean something to the kids.
I really love the way your posts stream from a very genuine place in your heart, and I can tell you already love her very much. Congratulations again, she's really lovely!
x
This is such a lovely post, you have such a gift with words. She will be proud to have your name, and to be in your family. We can't wait to meet her in a couple of months! We are so excited!! xxx
Linds she is precious and perfect. Congrats on another beautiful baby girl! She will be so proud to have her mom's name!
Oh, Lindsay.... she's beautiful and you're beautiful!
Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!!
Lovely to see photos shes adoreable!!
Every happiness to the Harvey family, enjoy every moment!!
Love
Julia James Tom Oli
xxx
A precious post Lindsay - she is gorgeous, she is very lucky to have you as her mother x
She is beautiful! Congratulations to all of you.
What a beautiful baby! There are not very many beautiful newborns. But she is so cute.
Dan here. Debs had to show me this blog and the one about sav. I laughed inside reading that one. Emma is adorable. I dont think I have ever seen a baby come out looking so perfect. Although you think she looks as like her Dad, she has beauty far beyond that which she gets from her mum. If you want a few characteristics of the name Emma because you cant think of any - just ask I could say a lot about Emma's mum, and I promise one of them would be serious!
Love Dan
Post a Comment