Before I had children I had beautiful hair. Hair that I totally unappreciated. It was full, long and naturally curly. But with each child I have born my hair gets straighter and straighter.
So totally feeling ugly, one day I desired that curly hair to return. I went to the salon and after some shocking looks from my request to get a perm; they finally consented. 3 hours later, I was left with a massive mushroom shaped head of curly hair. I left in horror at the HUGE mistake I had just made. There are many reasons why 80's fashion is terrifyingly disgusting, and the perm is one of them. Now as I try to cope with the days until my perm (gag) settles down it is back to pony tails just as it was before this horrible mistake was made. And just to prove I am not the only one who dislikes this hair, and that small children do know how to lie; this was a conversation Harv and I had with Carson the other day.
Harvey was trying to encourage Carson to get dressed. As he was attempting to explain to Carson how awesome his pants were Carson declared, "No they are not! They are ugly!"
Harvey quickly replied, "They aren't ugly son they are cool pants!"
Carson, "No, they are not cool, they are very, very ugly."
Harvey, "Son, what do you mean they are ugly?"
Carson, "They are ugly, like CURLY HAIR ugly." And then directly looks at me.
Harvey (laughing now), "So you think curly hair is ugly?"
Carson looking straight at me, now realizes what he just said in my presence, "No, it isn't ugly, I like curly hair."
Yea right!!!!!!!!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Huge 80's Mistake
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 11:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha........sorry just had to laugh out loud... hopefully you can hear me laughing with you not at you!
Now I've gotta see a picture!! I doubt it's as bad as you say.
You are talking to the queen of the perm!! I have had more bad perms than you could even imagine! I'm sure you look great! If I had any pictures here of me at my best I would send them to you to make you feel better about your hair!
Linds you look like a super model with any hairdo. You just watch you will start a new trend and before you know it everyone will be getting their hair permed again. PS I like curly hair!
That is so funny. I am sure it looks great. I am laughing because my hair actually gets more curly with each pregnancy. But only on the bottom so it looks horrible. I am sure your hair looks great!
picture picture picture.... mate, I have had some wicked perms in my time.... grade 9 and 10.... shockers!!!!!
Photo please!! I can't imagine curls not looking good on you! I wish my hair was either completely straight or nice curls all over - mine is totally inbetween and annoying!
I am crying I'm laughing so hard. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a picture.
Oh, Lindz, is it worse than the perm I gave you in third grade?
Yes...I would love to see a photo of this style.
Funny, I have been toying with getting a perm. I think I will take this post as a sign to do something else?
lol....so great.....we def. need a pic linds..... :)
Pictures PLEEEEEEASE! :)
Yes, pictures please! Sorry, but I can so relate to the perm era! Now, mine is just as ugly and always too straight and in my face. haha We are never satisfied, are we?
That is so funny Lindsay! When I was pregnant with Owen, I went to the salon and did the same thing. Permed the heck out of my hair. And then I butched it all off. I feel your pain. I'm sure you look gorgeous with it!
Lyns, We are not going to believe this 80's mistake unless we see a picture. I feel your pain though. I had BEAUTIFUL long locks of permed hair in high school and so after years of straight I attempted to go for the look again in college. So frizzy. It was terrifying.
Post a Comment