This post is a little late in coming but as always I am way behind in my blogging. Since I turn my blog into a book for our family every year, I was having this feeling that our year 2011 was looking pretty meager and pathetic even though this has been one of our busiest years to date.
Every Saturday since we have moved to Utah we have tried to do something fun. The first weekend we went to the city fair, which was awesome! But not awesome enough to take pictures, so nothing to document there. But one of the fantastic saturdays in September we decided to hike Battlecreek to the falls and this hike is seriously a mile away from our front door. So up we went. I learned later that it was named from the first battle that took place between the Ute Indians and the Mormon settlers.
Here are some fun pictures from our 1.5 mile hike up the mountains!
(This is where Emma spent the majority of the hike, daddy's and occasionally mom's shoulders)

(Yay! We made it!)

(Once we got to the falls we couldn't keep Emma out of the water no matter how cold it was)

(Sav was the brave soul that went into the river to get under the falls)


(Kind of a crazy color shot of the kids but this is the bear cave along the route)
(And a terrible picture of me but a very cute one of Rylie so I had to post...the sacrifices a mom makes on behalf her kids)



0 comments:
Post a Comment