So I love summer. I am not sure if it is the lack of mundane routines like; waking kids up and getting them ready for school, filling up their lunch boxes, chores, rushing to get things done before they all get home, and the urgency at night to put them to bed so they aren't grouchy with you in the morning as we start the routine all over again.
I love the warmth of the sun, the garden tending, the kiddie pool swimming, the park attending, the sibling playing, the fruit inhaling and the BBQ'ing. I love it all. In our week and half of summer fun we have filled it full of fun. We have swam til our hearts content, we have visited the famous "Smith Mountain Lake", made famous by "What About Bob?" Hmmm, think I'll watch that movie tonight! Madison has ran her heart out at soccer camp, and I have tended to this....
My precious garden. It is my first one and I must say I have enjoyed every minute of it. To start something from a seed and watch it grow to this amazing delectable treat that I healthfully ingest into my children is rewarding and empowering. Not only did Harvey and I tend to the plants but my awesome husband actually created the dirt we used to plant them into. Our compost was rich, dark and unbelievable. Once our little seedlings rooted into it, they began to thrive. I am amazed at how quickly things have grown and how delicious they taste.
This garden has also become my sanctuary. When the kids start to fight I literally run outside and release my anxiety by taking care of something that wont talk back, that wont show ingratitude and that wont squirm around while I tend to its needs. I love my garden.
Friday, June 17, 2011
Let the summer begin...
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment