Why my family is special
by Savannah
My family is special because we've moved all over the world. We've moved every one or two years. It's very hard to move from the country or continent. We have six people in our family; soon seven. It's hard to move around because there's lots of kids and they don't like to behave on the plane. We usually go on very, very long plane rides so it's not very comfortable after awhile.
My dad says this is our last move but I'm not sure if it really is. We've moved to places like Tokyo, New York, Ohio, England and I was born in Virginia, but then we had to move to New York. I wish we could've stayed in one place in the beginning, but then I wouldn't have met all those wonderful friends. There's a good thing and a bad things about moving. The good thing is I've seen wonderful places and met wonderful people. The bad thing is I've had to say goodbye to all those people and places I still miss those people and places and so does my family. I still miss my friends and those houses and apartments. I miss the good, fun times and the laughs. I still miss the beautiful landscapes and the things I've left behind, but there's also another good thing about moving and that is there's always going to be a new adventure and a new discovery to be found. This is why my family is special and even though I miss the old adventures and discoveries there's always a new one waiting for me and the truth is I don't care where we go as long as my family is together.



6 comments:
I can't believe a 10 year old wrote this. She has a gift of expressing herself. I think her outlook is exactly like yours. She has looked for the good in each situation. I love Savvy.
That was great Savannah. I haven't moved quite as much as you, but I can realate to those feelings! You really do have a special family. You are so lucky to have them and them to have you! Merry Christmas, and we can't wait to meet the 7th member of your family.
Savannah, this was really well written. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on moving, friends, and your family.
That was lovely- she has your gift of writing Lindsay
We miss you Savannah! I couldn't move as often as you have - but what exciting places you have been to and what wonderful memories you have! You have a very special family x x x
ohhhh tears! "Those apartments"!!! I miss them too! Winston Court, Hasbrouck!!!! Great little essay Sav, you made me cry!
Post a Comment