So there was a prediction. When there is a weather prediction in Virginia everyone pays heed. It was told to us that at exactly 3:00pm the storm was to hit. The biggest storm Virignia has seen in several years. So schools were let out 2 hours early, people ran from their workplaces, mad dashes were made to the grocery stores, and I was left with very little doubt this storm could possibly cause the entire county to come to a stand still. Being from Utah where snow, no matter the depth, doesn't hinder anything; I was convinced Virginians were a little dramatic.
So I picked my kids up at 1:00pm; 3:00pm came around and no snowfall. About an hour later I gaze outside as Savannah is out with the chickens and I start to see the flurries. Within minutes the flurries turn to flakes and the snow is in heavy pursuit of our land. By the evening are visions were only of a winter wonderland. Throughout the night we heard wind like we have never heard before and I was certain of a power outage. By morning and after many prayers the power remained intact and the kids were out the door to explore. The snow holds many wonders; one in which can hold my kids attention for hours. I have to plead and bargain with them to come in; my only rule now being that when Carson's cheeks go from red to swollen with white blotches it is time to come in!
So after 12 inches of snow fall, our roads after 24 hours finally being plowed, our cars being stuck and every store in the county being closed; I have learned 2 things. 1) I will always heed VA weather predictions. 2) There is a reason why the world stops when it snows in VA; we now live in the country not the city and we don't have the luxury of plowed and salted roads.
I am grateful we were all safe and sound. We are all here together. I went food shopping the day before. And my kids are fun-loving snow babies! So let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!






Sunday, December 20, 2009
Let it snow! Let it snow!
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
awesome!!! i really miss the snow..i really really do!
Looks like you are having a great time! Just make sure that there is pathway out to get to the hospital!!! It was bad snow when Annie-Mae was born. Have fun. We only got a few flakes. My kids would love to have snow like that to play in!
Wow! How beautiful and what fun!! Dan is especially jealous!! We have had the tiniest dusting of snow but it makes it feel so much more festive x
Looks fantastic!Wish we had snow like that here!
Post a Comment