Okay so I know as mom's we all have those moments when we lay down at night feeling like we have utterly failed as a parent. If you haven't then you are probably completely delusional. Because as hard as we may try we still can't be perfect. Although I fail more often than I should I have moments when I epically fail. And this is one of those moments for me. Well, I may be exaggerating just a bit but still. Rylie's birthday came and went and although we didn't forget her birthday I so kindly forgot to blog about it. Not a big deal? Wrong, a very big deal. It has become some what of a tradition for me to blog about my children on their birthday's. My way to let them know what I think of them, how they impress me, and what makes them uniquely special in my eyes. Well I hope Rylie Jane can forgive me in the future years when she reads this and realizes that I epically failed her. Just know Rylie that we didn't forget your birthday, mommy just forgot to write about it!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
And she's 5!
So my Rylie Jane turned 5 in February. As I mentioned above I like my birthday posts to describe how unique my children are in my eyes. With Rylie it is quite different. I don't have to describe to anyone how unique she is. It is visible to all within moments of meeting her. As Savannah will be found saying that when you look "awesome" up in the dictionary you will find her picture, I will declare that when you look "unique" up in the dictionary you will find Rylie Jane Scott.
She is physically different than all my children. She is petite in every way. As her baby sister is 3 years younger and only 3 pounds below her you will see that Rylie is tiny. I often joke that I have to buy her "slim" skinny jeans in order for them to stay on her body.
She is also unique in the fact that she looks like none of the other children. She is the only one of my children that I can claim. She looks more "Graham-like" than any of them.
She is unique in personality. She is not your typical drama queen. She takes drama to a whole new level as everything can be exaggerated and believe it or not a child can actually remain in "crazy- mode" character for days and days at a time.
She is unique in the sense that she doesn't even play shy right, she is shy but put her in front of a microphone and she will sing her heart out. Not only will she sing but she will monopolize the mic and dominate the stage. Shy? Yes, really! But not with a mic.
She is unique in her coping skills. She basically has none. Any traumatic incident will never be forgotten and all will be affected FOREVER.
She is unique in her imagination. My kids are all very imaginative. In fact, I rarely see other children that can match their creativity, but Rylie is extremely imaginative. She can take something as simple as a pencil and play with it as if it is a Barbie and that Barbie a human.
She is unique in her brain capacity. This is a smart child. I have had children learn how to read at an early age but never one that actually taught herself. Without putting much effort into it reading came naturally and easy for Rylie without any help from her parents. She is uniquely scary smart!
Rylie you are uniquely beautiful. You are uniquely intelligent. You are uniquely amazing. You are Rylie Jane and there is no other like you. I am blessed to be your mother and I feel honored to watch you grow. I am eager to see the kind of adult you will become for I have this strange feeling that whatever it is it will be magically unique!
Posted by Scott Fam Dam at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I remember celebrating Rylie's 1st birthday with you all! When you left England she was still a babe really, so it has been lovely to read your character description of her and get a feel for the character and little girl she has grown into. Hope you are all well xxx
Post a Comment