Monday, December 12, 2011

Not a baby anymore...

We are officially out of the baby zone in this house. Although I am ready for the next phase of life, I am finding it hard to let go. Emma unfortunately will always be my baby no matter how big she gets but she is resisting. She wants to be big and has started to prove it.


We went to a 3-D movie, "Puss in Boots" and it was cute. She, for the very first time, sat through it and wore her glasses for about 50% of it, well more like 25%.

She is also becoming quite the little rascal. No longer is she that sweet baby that coos and smiles all day. She no longer sits around contently watching her siblings,... wait, let's get real. I have never had a baby that contently sits around and watches. She cried a lot, fussed a lot, but now she can at least voice why. She loves the bathroom where she can get into prescription pills, hair gels, suck on toothpaste and nearly commit some fatal mishap. But most of all she loves mommy's makeup. I had no idea she could twist off lids until she came out of the bathroom looking like this: (Waterproof mind you)


She can now tell me when she's "pooped." She can play along with her siblings, imagination and all. She loves to dress up in tutus and high heels. And as I find myself mourning the baby years, I do look forward with excitement for the approaching toddler years. I love the toddler years because they experiment, investigate and discover the world around them but they still take the time for the snuggles, the kisses and the loves. As the day comes to an end they too long for the baby years and take a few steps back in time for only a moment to be a "baby"once again. To rock in the chair, read a book, sing the lullaby's and snuggle with mommy.

Emma will always be my baby no matter how big she gets. And my how I love this baby!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the green shirt. Brings out the mischievous in her. - Mom