Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's Movie Time

(A little over a month late in posting this, but the hubby was getting on me about it! Sorry Rylie)

For Rylie's party we did the one thing that she could spend hours doing. The one thing that engulfs all her talents: Singing, dancing, memorizing, and acting... MOVIES

We invited friends over and turned our basement into a movie theatre. We gave each child fake money and a ticket. They then handed their tickets to the ticket master (Madison) and proceeded downstairs. The stairs were lined with bright white lights and as they turned the corner they entered the movie house. We hung stars from the ceiling, we hung up a black sheet for the back drop. We placed huge bean bag chairs down for seating and set up a concession stand. Concessions is where they spent their money. I bought these Styrofoam trays and disposable sippy cups for drinks (not going to get any on my carpet). We had popcorn and candy which was consumed by the mouth full and the movie was none other than Rylie's favorite movie, Toy Story 3. The best part was I put the older children in charge of concessions so once the kids were downstairs I didn't have to do a thing. The moms and I sat upstairs and talked while the kids were downstairs watching the movie. Awesome!

After the movie the kids came back upstairs for their star cupcakes and party favors. The party favors were fun. I bought some of those plastic popcorn containers, made to look like the old fashioned red and white popcorn holders. And stuffed them with candy, unpopped popcorn bags, sunglasses, rings and necklaces. It was the easiest party I have ever thrown. Due to either my big girl helpers or the non-interaction efforts I had to make with the kids. I would do this one again in a heartbeat!


The birthday girl striking her pose!


A surprise visit from Rudy the Ruritan! A big time filler while we waited for everyone to show up. Thanks Rudy the Bear! (This birthday party with Rudy the Ruritan a pic was taken and submitted into the local newspaper.) I need to get myself a copy!


3 comments:

Camden said...

Oh my gosh. What is a Ruritan?? That is so funny. Cute party!

Ford Family said...

WHat a great idea!! Looks so much fun! I can't believe how grown up Rylie is! I also read the post about Savannah- I was so sorry for her, I hope they pass quickly and pianlessly. Poor girl. Sending our love and prayers. xxx

The Wolf Family said...

Fun photo effects! Only your offspring could strike a pose like that! ;) she's ready for the big screen! Love you and all your kiddos!!