As you have grown up this year your daddy and I have often reflected on how much you are like your sisters or your brother. Well sweet lady today is your day and I am going to tell you what is uniquely you, what makes Emma stand out in a family of 7 and what makes us wonder what life was like before you.
1. You are serious. Within all this goofiness every family needs someone serious and you so far have fit that description. You know when to smile and be silly but you also know when its time to get serious. Already so wise!
2. You are keenly aware of those around. You notice any new body that enters a room and exam them before they have had a chance to talk to you.
3. Within minutes anyone who has the blessed chance to hold you is smitten. It is unbelievable how quickly it truly does happen. You spent one Sunday in Relief Society while mommy was in Primary and when I came to retrieve you every single Relief Society member was relating to me how precious you are. Smitten, they were all smitten!
4. Your temper!!! By far you have been one of my best babies, but I can't get over your temper. It's quickly lost and quickly recovered. But easily solvable for it is only 2 things that contribute to its outburst; hunger and sleepiness. In fact, food and sleep solve nearly all your problems. I love the simplicity! Oh wait, I did forget one more thing, your brother's face. He constantly puts his face in yours and talks sweet and LOUD, you can't stand it. So if it isn't hunger or fatigue, it is CARSON!
Emma you are truly cherished in this family. When you wake up from sleep your awakened presence causes everyone in this house to get excited. Your siblings can't let you contentedly play in your crib, not even for a second. As soon as your coos are heard the door is busted open by any random sibling. Any smile, any dance move you make is deemed as they cutest thing known to man. You are showered with hugs, loves and snuggles. You are without any want or need for there are 6 people in this family anxious to fill it. You are cherished, truly cherished.
Happy Birthday my sweet Emmy. You are the sunshine in my life and I feel so grateful to have you as my 4th wonderful beautiful daughter!

(Note the big purple knot on her forehead, just minutes before she slammed it on the corner of the kitchen stool! Poor baby exploring can be rough at times!)






4 comments:
Oh Happy Birthday my sweet Emma! She looks like she is so serious eating that cake....Wish I could have been there!
One year old already! She looks so lovely Linds, I can't wait to one day meet the little lady x
So So Cute!!!!! I love that face. And I love the picture with Sav and her cross-eyes. Miss your family.
I can't believe she's a year old already!! She is so cute! Miss you all xx
Post a Comment