Sunday, October 07, 2007

Walking with Shakespeare





The American Fountain

This is the house Shakespeare was born in.

We took a day trip to Stratford Upon Avon. It was such a tourist trap but something you have to do. It was really neat to be there and get an idea of what a town back in the early 1500's would have looked like, minus the Pizza Hut in the center of town. We took a tour bus around town and learned so much about Shakespeare; like he got his wife pregnant before they were married; oops! The kids got there thrills and excitement from riding a top the tour bus and hearing Rylie squeal as she bit down on the rails. It was fun to catch wind of all the passion they have hear for the theatre and the admiration they have for Shakespeare. We also got to walk along the river banks and feed the ducks. All in all it was a great experience. We have grown to love our weekend outings something we have tried to do since we moved to Japan and have carried the tradition on in England.

3 comments:

Becca said...

How fun! I think weekend trips are such a good idea - especially since you want to experience as much as you can while you are there.

Anonymous said...

Hey, You're going to hear from me for the next 3 years about how jealous I am! I think was born on the wrong continent! I went to Stratford-on-Avon when I was 16 and it still looks the same--imagine that! I juest read an excellent historial novel about King Henry VIII and The Boleyn girls called "The Other Boleyn Girl". It would be extra interesting to you since you're there amid all that relevant history and royalty. It's fascinating to me to read about the class divide that existed etc. Later, Camden

Chelsea Parsons said...

I love town names in England!